The San Diego Natural History Museum
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION San Diego, CA
- DATE MARCH 10, 2017
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION Commensurate
- POSITION LEVEL Mid (2-5 yrs exp)
Under the supervision of the Controller, maintains financial reports, records, and general ledgers. Research accounting variances, ensure compliance with accounting procedures, and help create efficiencies within the accounting department.
- Assist Controller with daily, monthly, and year-end operations of the accounting department
- Assist department with implementing and maintaining financial policies and procedures
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations
- Analyze transactions, explain variances, prepare schedules, and provide support for annual financial audit, 990 filings, and budgets
- Assist with accounts receivables, accounts payables and cash deposits
- Maintain fixed asset depreciation schedule
- Maintain advanced budget management software
- Prepare monthly financial reports for museum managers
- Provide accounting support for other job duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting from four-year college or university
- Minimum of five years of related accounting experience
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, and organize efficiently
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge accounting software or Sage MAS90
- Strong general ledger and fund accounting experience, with excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Must demonstrate independent thinking and analytical abilities.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to insure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Excel and other analytical tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proficient in the use of modern technology
Qualify applicants, please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop in visits.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".