Education Associate This position is filled
- CATEGORY Admin
- LOCATION Naples, FL
- DATE JUNE 20, 2022
- JOB TYPE Consultant/Contract
- COMPENSATION $38,000-$40,000
- POSITION LEVEL Entry (up to 3 yrs exp)
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS EDUCATION ASSOCIATE
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Education Associate.
Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced sixteen years of explosive growth based in artistic and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9-month season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $5.2M, a 20-member Board, 40 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, about 1,300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of about 100,000 patrons.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and has broken ground on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 350-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. Gulfshore Playhouse is looking for an Education Associate that wants to be a leader, to make South Florida home, and fulfill the duties assigned through our partnership with the Collier County Public Schools in developing and maintaining theatre programs in all K-12 schools.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: August 1, 2022
The Education Associate will be responsible for assisting the Director of Education with day-to-day operations of the Education Department. This position will specifically be responsible for the planning and development of virtual and in-person standards-based theatre arts education programs, in addition to after-school programs at Gulfshore Playhouse and continued partnerships with school districts and community organizations. The Education Associate will have cross-departmental knowledge of technical and performance theatre, as well as current state education standards and best practices used in the classroom and performance spaces. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and developing education programs included in the CCPS partnership agreement, assisting in site assessments for each CCPS facility as necessary, and realizing the vision of each school as seen by teacher sponsors and administration;
- Planning and designing curricula for educational programs; researching and defining educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals;
- Facilitating communication within and between production departments, third party agencies, CCPS and GP administration, and teacher sponsors;
- Determining formats and approaches to achieve program and budget objectives; defining needs of target populations; researching trends at the national and state level, as appropriate to the position;
- Coordinating activities of support staff, consultants, faculty, and/or volunteers engaged in implementation and administration of program objectives;
- Assisting with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the program; may participate in other fundraising activities;
- Developing and maintaining records and databases on student and program activities, materials, equipment, and supplies;
- Teaching summer and school residency programs as needed;
- Corresponding with teachers, students and parents about logistics and programs and answer any inquiries;
- Maintaining database of school contacts, needs of each school and plans of action;
- Scheduling and planning meetings with school administration, teachers, and GP education staff;
- Assisting with education department events as needed;
- Ensuring compliance with theatre and school district policies by coordinating schedules and maintaining good working relationships with CCPS staff
- Ensuring safety and policy adherence;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director or Director of Education.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful education management, a willingness to ensure high-quality work in every aspect of education, excellent budgetary, communication, and organizational skills, and leadership capabilities. Candidates must have a strong working knowledge of all production departments, a wide understanding of best practices in education, a positive attitude and creative approach to problem solving. The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Education Associate will be expected to work extended hours on occasion when necessary to meet goals. Some weekend and evening hours are required including attendance at Opening Nights, special events, education performances, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Three to five years experience that demonstrates the ability to conceptualize, design, plan, implement, administer and evaluate diverse and wide-reaching educational programs through the performing arts.
- Experience working in a school and/or not-for-profit organization
- Directing, choreographing, and/or stage managing experience
- Proficient knowledge of technical theatre
- Strong management, interpersonal and planning skills
- Familiarity with theatre and/or performing arts required
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
Gulfshore Playhouse offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement and paid vacation and sick leave.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com