Director of Education
The Public Theater of San Antonio
- CATEGORY Education/Program
- LOCATION San Antonio, TX
- DATE JULY 03, 2019
- JOB TYPE Full Time
- COMPENSATION $40,000/yr.
- POSITION LEVEL Senior (5+ yrs exp)
The Public Theater of San Antonio is growing! The Public Theater of SA seeks a Director of Education to oversee all aspects of its educational programming. Core responsibilities include: overall development, organization, operation, and coordination of all education programming; supervising and hiring teaching artists and interns; developing curriculum; submitting an annual budget; overseeing educational productions; providing study guides for productions as needed; coordinating production talk-backs; supervising and teaching classes. Additionally, the Director of Education will work with the CEO and COO to create long-term strategic planning. Reports to COO.
REQUIREMENTS: The Public Theater will seek to hire and retain a qualified Education Director with the applicable education, skills, and experience to implement the youth education programs. Qualifications include a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Theater Arts, Education, or related field. The selected candidate will also have a minimum of five years of experience working in the theater arts, developing and implementing educational curriculum and programs, and teaching experience preferred as well as a working understanding of education, marketing, and budgeting. Candidates must have excellent written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Now in its 107th Season, The Public Theater of SA is the only AEA professional theater in Bexar County and has an operating budget of $1.4 million (proposed $1.8 for 2019-2020). Salary is $40,000 starting and firm due to grant funding position; generous benefits package included. To best demonstrate our commitment to inclusion in our community we encourage ALL qualified applicants to apply. EOE
Qualified individuals should send resume and cover letter to George Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How much does it cost to post a job? Each job listing is $60 for 6 weeks. That's it. If you want to post it for 12-weeks it's just $60 more. No packages to confuse you or long-term commitments to buy into.
- How do I pay for my listing? You can use Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We take both credit and debit cards.
- Can I upload a standard application form? Yes! See the Upload a File button at the bottom of the form.
- If I have a promo code for a free listing do I still have to fill in my credit card information? Nope. Just enter the promo code and click "apply".